Logo Gayndah Jockey Club homepage

Up next:

  • Home
  • About Race Club
About Race Club

About Race Club

Gayndah Racecourse was established in the mid 1850s to replace a track established nearby in 1852.

The first Queensland Derby race was held there in 1868.

Gayndah Racecourse was also home to the North Australia Jockey Club and the first Ladies Side Saddle Race in 1880.

This is historic track is still in use today for gazetted race meetings.